Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Great. Just Great.

I did something stupid on Saturday.

I did my wash.
And I checked all the pockets in all of my jeans and my jackets.
Except for one. The jacket I'd worn the day before, on our ward photo scavenger hunt.
And I washed and dried my camera.
And now it's useless.
Actually, it still turns on and the battery still works and the card still works so I can still see all the photos I took on it. And I can take pictures. But only if I want pure black pictures. The lens is messed up. It's just black.
Useless.

On Monday, my laptop died. I was using it (supposedly for homework but really to play tetris) and I stood up to get something and when I came back, it had shut off.
And it hasn't turned on since.
And I have three big papers due in the next few weeks that I have no idea where I'm going to work on. I will be staying at school and borrowing people's computers a lot over the next few weeks.
Useless.
(No worries though, I can get all of my stuff off of the hard drive thanks to my computer genius friends)

AND for the past 3 days my phone has been randomly turning off. I don't know why. I'm praying it also doesn't die on me.

I don't know what I did to upset it, but technology hates me.
It's been a sad week.

(It just occurred to me that you might think this is an April Fool's joke....if only it were. If only.)

3 comments:

  1. What a sucky week--I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better I hate technology and it hates me but I can't live without it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How horrifying! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and your phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, everyones having a horrible week---you, mom, katie. sorry about your phone and laptop! those are really important. can't believe your friends know how to get stuff off your hard drive. I had to go into the computer center and dish up like 80 bucks...maybe you can spend some time with Harold (the library) while Seth is in his dungeon, I mean, nerd hole.

    ReplyDelete