Friday, April 24, 2009

Who's up for a little FFF?

I feel the need to update because I have been hearing quite a lot this week that people actually read and enjoy my blog. What a surprise! (That's not sarcasm - I really am surprised). Also because I should be working on my twelve page paper and (cue whiny voice) I don' wanna.

Michelle graduates this week. Which means my parents are here. Also, my Grandpa and Uncle are here so they could visit my Grandmother's grave. And they are staying with the family that already lives here.

This means I have been very busy hangin' with all the fam. And I bring Seth along too. And he loves it. . . . At least that's what he tells me. (I suspect this is mostly because every time I've brought him along it's to dinner, or some place that we're eating.) He told me he is afraid of gaining the reputation of a moocher. I think he secretly thinks it would be worth it. . . .

Here's what's been happening so far.
Wednesday Night: Dinner at Brick Oven. (Guess who planned that?) (...For those not in the know-that would be my dad, who I'm convinced would be eating at the Brick Oven every week - maybe more - if he lived in Provo.) Lots of hilarious conversation that Becky advised me to blog about. Unfortunately I don't remember any of it. I do remember Michelle getting up during the middle of dinner so she could hug my father. Yeah, you can't see it but I'm shaking my head at this memory. Oh, Michelle. Where did you come from?
After this Michelle, Seth and I went to pick up my mother at the airport. Michelle and my mother then spent the rest of the night telling Seth stories I have on purpose not told him yet. He had fun. I was grumpy.

Thursday: Today was spent with my mom while my Dad and his family went up to Smithfield. We ate some lunch, wasted some time, and went to Michelle's Commencement. We got to sit behind the speaker on the the benches with no backs. It was a fun two hours for us. (Yeah, this time I'm being sarcastic.) Then we went to dinner at Gabe and Emily's house, where their two sons proceeded to wipe Seth and I out with a nerfgun fight. (Mostly it was me and the two boys against Seth - I aimed for the head. Great fun.) Unfortunately they expected us to have the same amount of energy as them (which I think is actually infinite - it never runs out! Amazing.) and were disappointed that Seth and I mostly just sat on the couch for the rest of the night. Their daughter is the cutest girl I have ever seen. It is ridiculous how cute she was. Just Ridiculous.
Then I came home and fell asleep on Seth's couch instead of working on my paper like I should have.

This morning Michelle and my mom met my father for breakfast at Magleby's. It was delightful conversation. I remember none of it, but I assure you it was delightful. And now I am home so I can "work on my paper." It took me a while to convince Michelle that I'd filled my sisterly quota of support by going to her Commencement yesterday, thus I had no need of attending Convocation this morning. Luckily my argument worked.

Tonight we are going to dinner at Tamaras, where Seth will meet Uncle Eric and Tory. I am afraid.

3 comments:

  1. I think every paragraph in that post mentions something I did. I feel so...important....to the blogging process.:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forced Family Fun . . . a little known torture device used in the Toolson family . . .

    ReplyDelete