Monday, August 3, 2009

Saturday, August 1.

Saturday we went kayaking down the Provo River. It was a couples fest - Seth and I, and his two roommates Jeff and Michael along with their girlfriends all went as a group.

I have to admit I was kind of apprehensive about the whole expedition. Kayaking and Janette do not go together. I could just imagine it - all five of my friends kayaking happily along, while I was a good distance away, floundering with my oar and stuck yet again in some overhanging tree.

Thankfully I was spared from this horrible image becoming real life, as we rented two 2-man kayaks and two 1-man kayaks. Seth and I took a 2-man, and I spent the majority of my time sitting in the front seat lazily trailing my fingers in the water while Seth did all the rowing and steering from the back seat.

I think I got the better end of the deal. Seth thinks he did. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Unfortunately, our friends are of the rambunctious sort and they spent most of their time splashing us with their oars and switching kayaks in the middle of the river, often falling out.
And unfortunately, we splashed back. Which is when Seth broke his oar.
In half.
And had to pay $50 for it.

Seriously.

The place we rented it from told him to contact the company and see if he could get a new one. If he did he could keep it. So it could work out. Apparently oars are much more expensive than $50. Which I think is perfectly ridiculous.

After the kayaking trip we went to Golden Corral and stuffed ourselves. And while the process was enjoyable, the aftermath was terrible. There were couples strewn over every couch in the living room, all breathing shallowly and trying to touch each other as little as possible in order to lessen the pain.

It was a great day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you continue to update. It makes me so happy. I think my favorite sentence was "I think I got the better end of the deal. Seth thinks he did." hahaha.

    ReplyDelete