Friday, August 7, 2009

A House Update

Take a look at this.
This is the floor of our mud room.
Seth and I assumed these gold bars were screwed into the floor because of a bad carpeting job and didn't think much about it.
There are other weird things in our house. This one was not at the top of the list.




Until one day when our neighbor Steven kneeled down on the floor beside it and stuck his fingers underneath the bars to reveal....

... A SECRET UNDERGROUND LAIR!!!!!

Yeah. Creepy.
We de-creepified it by adding light bulbs and bug bombing the place. And now that the pipes are fixed and the water heater is turned on, I would like to leave the trap door shut and pretend like there's a bad carpeting job in the mudroom.

In other news, we are almost done with fixing things up in our house.
There were lots of holes to patch.

Seth used paint sticks from Lowe's to fix these holes. I wish I had before pictures, but be assured they were big dark holes. The one in the window sill you could see through to the outside.
I painted them white so they wouldn't look so obviously like a patch job.

And then we spent the next 10 hours cleaning our house.
Yes. I said 10 hours. TEN HOURS. And guess what? We didn't finish. Which is why we came back again today. And cleaned for 4 more hours.
And guess what? We haven't finished. We still have to clean the tub and the mudroom.
So I guess I will get off the computer and get back to work. My poor wrinkly hands...

4 comments:

  1. I have some cleaning for you to do when you get here. Good things you've been practicing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good thing--not good things

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep telling you to let me come over and help you, I am a professional after all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever seen anything more romantic than initials in a toilet seat...way to go.

    ReplyDelete