Monday, August 17, 2009

A Conversation

This occurred yesterday on the way home from church.

Seth: Someday I want to build our own house. . . .
Janette (oh so happily): Aw, yay
S: . . . out of legos.
J: what, NOOO!!!
S: (laughing hysterically to himself) Yes! It'll be awesome! And then, when you get mad at me and you push me, I can just go crashing right through the wall!
J: (moaning) Noooooo........

He just had to pause in the middle of that sentence and raise all my hopes and dreams, only to crush them a few seconds later.

We've been married 3 days.
There's no going back now.

2 comments:

  1. you have been married 3 days, and you already went to church? what about your honeymoon. stop posting on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how much of our husband's aspirations and cheerful qualities come out after the "I Dos". But that makes them all the more lovable, right?!
    -Jameson's Wife :)

    ReplyDelete