Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Seth and Janette's Trip to Arizona!

This is a longer post than I intended it to be.
Don't worry though, the majority of it is pictures. I figured they would be a lot more interesting than a long rambling post about everything we did this weekend.
Let's begin.

We left about 9am Thursday morning and arrived in Arizona around 7:30 to much jubilation and glee. My family sent us to El Rico's, an extremely delicious family-run Mexican restaurant down the street from my house. It was a requirement that we eat there before the weekend was up.

David and I showed him the cows in our backyard. Not so exciting to me, but Seth liked it. He wanted to know if it was my job to slaughter them and get the meat for dinner.
I said no.

Thursday was also Katie and David's last day of school so I got to see them all Friday as well. I abused David a lot this weekend. He told me he would never trade me in for a brother. I think I am quite violent enough for him.
David also roped Seth and I into playing video games with him frequently. I think it may have had to do with the fact that he was bothering us 24/7.

Friday we helped my mother clean out her classroom and then went out to dinner at Logan's Roadhouse. We planned on going swimming but as it was muggy and overcast (it was actually raining when we arrived on Thursday! - Seth was shocked) we decided not to.

For some reason Seth was fascinated by the fact that people just threw their peanut shells on the floor, and that it was acceptable. He wanted to be sneaky and get photographic proof. So, this is not actually a picture of me, but a picture of the floor.

While we were there my brother David made us both read his new book, Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Hilarious book. There is a part in there that says "Shel Silverstein looks more like a burglar or a pirate than a guy who should be writing books for kids." and Seth thought it was SOO funny he made me take a picture of him with it. Yeah... I know, I know. He's weird.

I woke him up Saturday and I took a picture of it for my own amusement.
We went bowling with my brother David but unfortunately forgot the camera. David won thanks to 2 strikes in a row on his last turn. I, of course, beat Seth. I was almost afraid we were going to have a repeat of the last time we went bowling and Seth would come out of nowhere and beat the pants off of me, but thankfully my pride was spared. By at least 20 points.

My family had a barbecue Saturday night. It was an "everyone meet Seth party", disguised as my Birthday party. I love this picture even though both of us look ridiculous. He's very fond of taking pictures of this sort. (the ridiculous kind)

That is my sister Katie being weird. Yeah, Seth fit right in with my family.

I tried to get David to take a picture of us after church in our nice clothes but apparently I picked the worst photographer ever as absolutely none of them turned out. I do like this one though because it looks like the force of Seth's shot is blowing my hair back.

So Seth was fascinated by the cacti. We have tons more pictures of them that he took. We drove out towards the mountains so we could take some pictures like this. Very silly.

We also went and looked at the Mesa temple because Seth had never been there before. There are about 40 shots of this particular one, as the woman who we asked to take it couldn't figure out if the camera was taking it or not. Oh wells. Lots to choose from!

Monday we planned to leave at 10am and we headed out the door around 11:30. This was due to several things, of which me, Seth and my sister Katie are to blame. I really wasn't complaining though. I was not in a hurry to leave my home.
On our way out of town we stopped by In-N-Out. Seth had never been there, thus it was a necessity that we stop here and eat. We both thoroughly enjoyed our food.

He had to take a few more shots of the cacti as we were leaving. Seriously, he loves them.

We got back to Provo on Monday around midnight.

And that was our trip.

4 comments:

  1. haha sounds like fun! I remember taking Becky to Vegas to see my family. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun! I love your pictures. I'm too lazy to post mine (of which there are really none since I'm also too lazy to take them)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you! Happy Birthday! 22 years ago I was in agony because of YOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so thin! and i can't believe seth has never eaten in-n-out, what a sinner he is.

    ReplyDelete