Thursday, December 4, 2008

Storytime

The Pickles
This morning I opened my refrigerator to find a jar of pickles sitting on my shelf with a ribbon tied around it. I was rather confused at the unexpected gift since I thoroughly hate pickles. I took it out. I inspected it. I came to the conclusion that it was a cruel joke from my boyfriend Seth, who knows that I hate pickles. He loves them and is always trying to persuade me to eat them. Indignantly I walked over to my roommate Meagan and showed them to her and said Look what Seth left in the fridge for me as a joke! Ridiculous!
Then she looked up at me and said quietly, Umm..... I think those are for me.

And it was then that I suddenly realized that the whole world does not revolve around me.

Time stopped. My whole life came crashing down around me. I sat on the floor and moaned.

Ok, actually I just laughed and said Thank Goodness! and returned the pickles to the fridge.

The old man
Today at work two old men came into the store. One had a cane, the other had a fedora. They were like the perfect old men. The first knew exactly what he wanted, ordered, and then told me to give his friend whatever he wanted, and that it would probably have caramel in it. I said ok.
The second old man stepped up. He decided he wanted kit-kats in his ice cream. and then he paused and said Do you think it would taste all right if you put some caramel in there as well? I shrugged and said Sure, I think it would be just fine.
He then smiled a huge grin and proclaimed, I got a sweet tooth, sweety!!! This was followed by hysterical laughing on his part.

I love my job!

p.s. If you really want to know, the pickles for Meagan were from another roommate since they both share a love of pickles. Also, they were on my side of the fridge and not Meagans. Hence the mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment