Friday, March 6, 2009

A Letter of Complaint

Dear Utah Weather,

Although I have never expected the best from you, this past week has dropped you to an all-time low.
I really had almost changed my opinion of you with the beautiful spring days you were giving me. And then overnight you dropped a layer of snowfall on me.
That was low.
And then, as if to mock me for my tardiness at work because of the necessity of scraping snow and ice off my car or the fact that I wore my winter coat that morning, you caused the day to be sunshiny-bright and all the snow to be melted within an hour or two of arriving at work. I had to carry my coat out to my car under my arm. It's shameful of you, really, to ridicule me in this way.
It would have been somewhat forgivable though, if that was your only offense.
It wasn't.
This morning you were looking beautiful and so I did not wear a coat. And then you decided to dump snow on me again. I have been freezing all day.
Let's show some class and a little resolution here Utah Weather. Let's stick to one kind of weather for at least a whole day or maybe even a whole week. Let's ease into big weather changes. Let's try it out, at least for a little while. I would really really appreciate the gesture. Thank You.

Your friend,
Janette

1 comment:

  1. And I thought Hong Kong dropping from the high 70's down into the mid 60's this week was rough!

    ReplyDelete