Saturday, July 18, 2009

Our House.

Today you get a lovely photo tour of the house Seth and I are renting for the next ten months.
It is pretty ghetto and therefore pretty cheap. But it's cute and little and quaint (code for "old and small") and we like it.

So here is a picture of the front of the house, which you actually cannot see from the street. It is behind a house in their backyard pretty much. There's a gravel lot and our house and a big barn and you can drive from our side of the street to the other side on a gravel driveway. I'd show you a picture but I do not have one.
The reason that you get a lovely shot of our backsides is that the person who was taking this wanted to get an "action shot" of us scraping paint off the windows. Riveting, isn't it?
The reason we are scraping paint off the windows is that while we do have new carpet, a new shower head, new tiling, and new paint, there's still a little bit more fixing up to do. We've also been re-caulking the windows as there are big gaps between the glass and the wood.
Like I said, ghetto.

This is our living room. I like our pink doors. If you didn't notice, we also have pink windows (on the outside) and a pink roof. Seth really loves it.

And here we have our ginormous space heater, designed to actually heat twice the amount of space in our house! I am lovin' this fact. I hate the cold.
Please also note the giant white patch on the wall. There was a hole. A hole in our wall. Seth thinks possibly from a wood burning stove or fireplace or something. He suggested just placing a picture over the hole in the wall. I vetoed this idea. Hence, the giant white patch.

Here is our bedroom. It is very very tiny. Apparently it actually can fit a King size bed. But only if you don't want any walkway between the sides of the bed and the wall.

Here is our teeny tiny little closet. We tested a hanger in there. The door will close if we angle the hangers as far as they will go.
We're getting some dressers. Plural.


And through that door is our bathroom! It's also very tiny.


That stain will be gone soon, when I clean. The whole house is pretty dirty right now. No one's allowed over to see the true extent of the filthiness until I have thoroughly cleaned everything.
I suddenly started questioning why I'm putting pictures of my filthy house on my blog. I suppose so you can use it as a reference when I put up some "after" pictures.

Here is the kitchen. (That is the front door you see). Please note the tiniest little oven I have ever seen in my life. I hope my pans fit in there.

This room is actually nice and big despite what it may look like in the picture. The cupboards, however, are very tiny, in keeping with the rest of the house.

And here is a little mudroom/backroom/entryway place/random little room in the corner so that the house is a square. Yay more storage space.

The other angle. That is the circuit breaker. Yes, the plate is gone so you can see all the wires behind it.
It's ghetto.

And here is a view of our backyard! Beautiful, isn't it? I'm so excited to look out the kitchen window at this every single day. Please note the sarcasm. That shed thing in the back has chickens. We have chickens in our backyard.
One of the guys living in the other house is supposed to clean up all the debris. We'll see if it happens...


You'd think this would be a smaller post since we have such a tiny house. Huh.

6 comments:

  1. It's going to get even smaller when we bring furniture there in 2 days

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. it looks like amandas cute little ghetto house. I'm looking forward to my own....loved the "tiny" theme of the blog. so creative! what are your crossroads?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think tiny houses are romantic (in an Anne of Green Gables kind of way). You will just be living off love and macaroni. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My apartment is smaller haha. We're going to be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its totally cute. And I bet it will make fantastic memories! At least you can laugh about it someday. For the record I liked our 650sqft apt more than our 1150sqft apt. So tiny isnt all bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wayne lived in a pink house in Provo when we were dating and engaged. The guys living there named it "Pink Floyd".

    My grandma Vinnie once said that when they were first married, the house they lived in was so small there wasn't even enough room to change their minds.

    ReplyDelete