Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Seth

I've been neglecting my poor little blog, as well as my devoted readers. I plan to make amends by posting about multiple things this week.

First, Seth's birthday. He turned 24 last Wednesday, July 1. And although he is older than me in age, he is certainly not more mature than me.

Case in point? In true little boy fashion, he wanted to go to the zoo for the day.

So we packed a picnic and drove out to Salt Lake and spent a glorious day at the zoo.
And I must say, we packed quite the picnic. Sub sandwiches, doritos, grapes, and strawberry shortcakes for dessert.
My favorite animals were the giraffes.
So this picture is really a combination of two of my favorite things, giraffes and sign language.
Seth did not have a favorite animal. I asked him and he listed off half the animals we saw. So we're going with no favorite.
And here is a picture of Seth going crazy at the child-sized lion water fountain. He was quite thirsty. This may have had to do with the fact that we decided to spend the hottest part of the day walking around in the sun. Maybe.
We've decided that the downside of being a couple is that most of our pictures are of one or the other, but never together. So we made someone take this for us.
This is the complete opposite of how I felt that day. Good face though, huh?
This was cool because we got to touch the turtle. I like turtles. So does Seth.

We planned well, as we finished everything just a few minutes before they closed. And to top it all off, Seth got to do this:

He was very giddy about it.
We both had a great time at the zoo.
The End.
(Don't worry, we did more. I'll post about it later.)

I just told Seth he had problems (due to not being able to sit on a couch correctly and getting in my way of typing) and then he muttered under his breath, "just one problem..."

Yeah, he thought that was a pretty good line. Until I reacted violently.

3 comments:

  1. Caleb was jealous of Seth, that is one of our favorite things to do is to play with that ball... We have a season pass with a free guest admission, so if Seth is willing to pose as my husband we could all get in free :) So when you're married and officially really poor, let me know when you want another outing to the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did not know you could bring in picnic lunches to the zoo. i am glad to see you are making use of that awesome basket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isaac is jealous of your basket. (We never used it when it was ours) FYI I think the little boyishness is a Winsor trait. Isaac was soooooooooo jealous that Seth got to play with that ball. Hes been telling me how cool they were for years. I could probably tell you a million little boy stories, but just know you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete