Thursday, June 4, 2009

It happened last night.

I went on my first date with Seth on May 30, 2008. I know because I wrote about it in my journal. I thought you might find what I wrote amusing so I copied some out for you. 

"Tonight I went on a date with Seth Winsor, from the ward. I really enjoyed myself. I was rather surprised Seth asked me, I haven't really hung out with him ever. Just had the hi, how are you surface conversations. But I found he is really easy to talk to. . . . 
We went to go see Laugh Out Loud, an improv group at BYU. I'd heard they were not very good so I went with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. And then we went to the Creamery and then we came back to Campus Plaza and watched a movie. And he was sitting so close to me! It was making me uncomfortable, I kept trying to make it so we weren't touching without him realizing it, but I think he did and I felt really dumb. It just seems weird to me, I was sitting there thinking, what if Seth and I were dating, then it would be normal to sit so close. 
And then I was like ew, no. Seth and I are only friends. I've never thought of him as anything more, it just seems weird to me. "

I made the mistake of telling Seth about what I wrote. He likes to bring it up quite often. First, how I dreaded our horrible date because I thought Laugh Out Loud wouldn't be good, and second, how I thought he was disgusting because I wrote "ew" when I thought about dating him. 

But I guess he won me over in the end because we started dating on August 12, 2008. 

"I went on a walk with Seth tonight. ah! We held hands. It was sweaty. And we talked. About us. And I feel weird now. So I guess we decided we are dating. This is weird. We were both just like 'so...what's going on? I don't know. I've never done this before. I guess we are dating now? I guess. I kind of like you, yeah, I kind of like you too, etc, etc.' Honestly, I have no idea how we even got to this point and didn't continue on in our cluelessness."

*singsongy voice* Awkward...

But almost one year exactly from our first date, on my birthday, we decided we wanted to get married. 

And almost exactly one year from when we first started dating "officially," we're getting married. It will be on August 14 in the Mesa Arizona Temple. And we are super excited and super happy and I am probably going to be really annoying and stressed for the next couple of months but I cannot wait to be married to Seth. And you  know what the best part is?

I get to start a couples blog. 

10 comments:

  1. Seth doesn't know how lucky he is to be "inside" the Janette bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am more excited than everyone else for you!

    If you need advice let me know. We're working married stuff out too. It's fun sometimes but very stressful sometimes too. Sigh. At least you're in the same state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very exciting stuff! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, thats all very exciting, but don't forget to keep me updated on THIS blog until you do start your happy life together. Because you haven't been returning my calls.

    And I still don't even know the proposal story yet. I'm very bitter about it. :( So call me!!
    LOTS of LOVE...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janette,

    Congratulations! Oh wait, aren't I supposed to offer you my best wishes and congratulations to the groom? What would Emily Post say?

    Regardless, I am very happy for you! I feel like if you can overcome your personal boundary issues, there is hope for all the rest of us that suffer so.

    Talk to you later!

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teach us all how to "sign"
    WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO AND CONGRADULATIONS
    We're so glad Seth engineered the 'kill the bubble" problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I am probably going to be really annoying and stressed"

    Is that supposed to be a change from life as usual?

    Seth, Boa sorte...

    -Joseph

    (You know I love you)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joseph--You're still my favorite friend of my all my kid's friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Don't worry Janette, I promise that it will be an unforgettable bridal shower };-)

    I Love you both so much- really, congratulations(finally)

    ps- Janette, we are going to be related

    ReplyDelete