Wednesday, November 26, 2008

They're coming for me.

I flew into Arizona last Friday for the Thanksgiving Break.

I have already seen 4 scorpions and been properly horrified by all. The first was discovered by my brother outside the door to the addition. The other three I found today in the span of 15 minutes while I was helping to clean up the yard to prepare for the "celebration" (as Amanda so un-traditionally calls her reception) I was putting some wood into a wheelbarrow to be moved to a different location. And as I picked up the last piece of wood a GIGANTIC scorpion came scurrying out from under it. I screamed. and then started to hyperventilate. I made my mother kill it.

The next I found as I was stacking the wood off in a corner of the yard. I picked up a piece and saw a tiny little scorpion running around on the back of it. I threw the piece of wood on the ground and started hyperventilating. My mother had to kill that one too and I told her I refused to work with the wood pile anymore. So she sent me to hose off the back porch.

As I was hosing off the back porch I looked down and suddenly a scorpion was there. I have no idea where it came from, I think it just popped up out of the pavement. I screamed (again), started hyperventilating(again) and my mother had to kill it for me (again).

It's a curse. They always come for me. One sting was not enough. They must have more.

3 comments:

  1. Ah ha ha ha. I forgot about your scorpion encounter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks! Scorpions don't bother me much, but I understand your healthy fear of them. As a side note, Is Amanda getting married?! I feel so out of the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see those eggs I left with David are finally hatching ... well done Master D! ;-)
    Celebrate for us tonight too, please - wish we could be there.

    ReplyDelete