Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pumpkin

So now that I finally have pictures, I can update for your viewing pleasure.

I must say I was rather excited to be wielding a large knife, despite the face in the picture.
Seth hates pumpkins with a fiery passion. He MADE me pull all the guts out while he sat back and laughed. He got to do the cool part. (ie cutting it with a big knife) Ridiculous. *

This is a representation of about how much I enjoyed reaching my hand inside a pumpkin and pulling out its guts.

Our masterpiece.
A vicious Pacman eating a ghost.

So we decided that we wanted to bake the pumpkin seeds to eat because we'd heard it was delicious. However, we didn't have time that night and so we bagged the seeds along with the guts in a bag to prepare the next day. I made Seth pull the seeds out since I had had my fill of getting gross pumpkin guts all over my hands. I laughed in his face the whole time.
Mmmm. Actually, this is before we baked them. And we burned them a little bit since we are clearly novice pumpkin seed bakers. I ate three and decided that was enough. I think Seth's roommates finished them off. They can be counted on to eat anything I do not want.

*Upon seeing this, he said "That's not completely accurate, is it? . . . . I allowed you to. I gave you the opportunity."
Thanks Seth. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, I just found out you had a blog! I have no idea why it has taken me this long, but now that I have I'm hooked. You aren't the only one who thinks you're hilarious - I've been laughing out loud reading all of your back posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janette--So I found your blog on Kirsten's...and I am very excited about it! Not to mention, your PacMan pumpkin is by far, the coolest one I saw this year!

    ReplyDelete