Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Outer Banks

I am spending this week with my family in Outer Banks, North Carolina. I thought I would be free from my addiction of getting on the internet since I left my computer at home, but happily my father is obsessed as I am and brought his along.

Last night we went to the Sand Dunes but I refrained from running around on them as I was wearing a skirt and didn't feel like flashing people. I did enjoy watching Katie and David face plant in the sand numerous times. As we were walking back I moved up to walk beside my father. He turned and looked at me and exclaimed in surprise,"You look just like Janette!" and when my only response was a look of incredulity, he suddenly realized that this phenomenon was because I AM Janette.
I need to start visiting him more often. Amanda and I were both incensed.

Today on the beach David wanted to play I Spy with me and this is how it went:
David: I spy something blue.
Me: The ocean.
David: Dang It! I spy something blue.
Me: The sky.
David: Dang It! I spy something tan.
Me: The beach.
David: Dang It! I spy something white.
Me: The sea foam.
David: Dang It! I spy something creepy.
Me: That guy with the blue shorts.
David: Dang It! I spy something blue.
Me: Those blue shorts.
David: Dang It!

Seriously, those blue shorts were like booty shorts. On a GUY. He did have nice legs though, so I suppose I can't fault him for wanting to show them off. Also, he was Italian so my judgments of him were a little less harsh than they might normally have been.
David is not very good at I Spy, while I am fabulous.

Last night I slept for 14 hours. I refuse to ever fly on a red eye AGAIN. I got about a half hour of sleep on the plane, and about a half hour in the car ride to North Carolina. Monday and Tuesday felt like one extremely long day. My family says I was very grouchy when I first got here, but please. I am never grouchy.

1 comment:

  1. Grouchy Janette? I've seen that a time or 10.

    You know, you can post pictures on your blog. It's fun.

    -Joseph

    ReplyDelete