Friday, February 13, 2009

Week o' Birthdays


This week my sister Katie's birthday was on the 10th and my brother David's birthday was on the 12th.

Katie turned 16 - aka dating. SCARY!
One of my favorite stories about Katie is a perfect example of how devious she is.
When she was younger she liked to get me and my older sisters in trouble. One time she had spent quite a bit of time bothering Amanda, until she finally had to push Katie away. Not like a terrible push - just enough to get Katie away from her. Katie immediately starts screaming and crying. In rushes our mother, who automatically assumes it's Amanda's fault and begins lecturing her. Then she takes Katie under her arm and gently leads her away from her horrible older sister.
It is at this point that Katie turns her head around just enough so that she can catch Amanda's eye without our mother noticing.
And then she winks.

It took years before we convinced our mother of the truthfulness of this story. Now we know Katie for what she really is - devious. And we love her for it.

David turned 13 - aka teenager. SCARY!
My favorite story about David....probably every conversation I have had with this kid.
When he was younger he used to walk around the house simultaneously making farting noises with his armpit and screeching "Brett" in a southern accent. . . . don't ask me why.
I suppose only those of you who have witnessed this event will find it hilarious, but trust me -it is one of my most treasured memories.
Thanks for putting up with four older sisters David. (You know you love it.) We don't know what we'd do without our brother.
Happy Birthday to my favorite brother and younger sister. I love you.



2 comments:

  1. my favorite story about your brother is the one with the diapers. haha you know the one i am talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAA. I have NOT heard that story about Katie but that is SOOO her. lol

    ReplyDelete